Our client is looking for an Executive Director, to support and lead the Office of the CIO (OCIO). This position will report to the Chief Information Officer (CIO) and will sit on the Information Systems (IS) Leadership team.
Our client is seeking an IT executive with a dynamic and collaborative style who leads by example and possesses a strong focus on partnering with other executives within the organization. We are looking for a strong technical thought leader who can build immediate credibility with the senior management team and the organization. To support these goals the position requires someone who facilitates discussions and promotes collaboration across multiple parties; identifies and meets with key players and stakeholders to help them shape a consensus collectively and engages in dialogue to reach a conclusion together, compromising as necessary for results; develops explicit understanding of which relationships are most important to the organization and its stakeholders and builds a network to prioritize these relationships.
Strategy Development And Execution Responsibilities
- Translate the strategy into actionable plans and lead the strategy where or when important to enable execution
- Own change and communications management as the Executive Director, OCIO is accountable for structuring and managing delivery against companies transformation goals. This includes:
- New process introduction and management -such as new headcount prioritization process, new ILM process, goals and priorities setting process, city planning related processes, strategy lifecycle related process
- Matrixed team management (including devising tools that help keep colleagues accountable to a shared plan)
- Provide structure that enables IS to execute on the technology strategy. This includes creating a roadmap of the activities, deliverables, and responsible parties (likely covering an 18th month period). She/he will be accountable for strategy execution and ensuring new supportive processes are well handled in terms of change and communications
- Be the “Operator” of ISLT engagement. This individual will be closely aligned to the CIO and able to fill in the gaps and work out the details behind the intent of the CIO. This leader will drive implementation of new meeting management practices and will be the moderator in the ISLT meetings
- Champion innovation and build strong relationships with others who are either drivers of innovation or sponsors/key stakeholders for innovative investments.
- Establish external networks and engage as appropriate to ensure strategies are developed with appropriate consideration of environmental factors, industry intelligence and/or awareness of new possibilities offered by information technology
- Frame problems and solutions, applying leading edge methods where appropriate
Professional Delivery Of IS Services
- Direct, manage, recruit and retain team of IS staff within OCIO (includes the IS project management office). As part of this, important to develop multi-year talent plan that addresses emerging and innovative needs and accounts for how IS workforce skills will be accounted for in support of those needs
- Routinely interact with management in other IS and functional areas to maximize development of and adherence to information architecture, platform standardization/application reuse and to ensure appropriate infrastructures (particularly cloud-based) are in place to support the development of business solutions
- Facilitate the sourcing/sharing of IS resources within and between other IS organizations when necessary to meet business goals
- Direct the ongoing IS ecosystem rationalization
- Doctorate degree & 6 years of Information Systems experience OR
- Master’s degree & 10 years of Information Systems experience OR
- Bachelor’s degree & 12 years of Information Systems experience AND
- 6 years of managerial experience directly managing people and/or leadership experience directing teams, projects, programs or directing the allocation of resources
- BS degree in Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Science, Business or the Life Sciences
- Master’s degree desired
- 10+ years of experience with professional management of IS organizations and ability to manage for / measure results
- Delivery of IS solutions that yield measurable business results
- 8 or more years of experience in a matrixed organization
- 8 or more years of hands on experience in a related technical field with a track record of accomplishment and increasing technical mastery
- Influence and leadership skills, ability to eliminate boundaries and work cross functionally
- Experience building teams
- Translate strategies into tangible, pragmatic and executable plans
- Experience in the pharmaceutical and/or healthcare industry
- Organizational transformation, change management and project management skills
- Customer relationship management skills (ideally having applied such skills internally with other corporate stakeholders, but also externally via delivery of CRM capabilities as an example)
- Knowledge of Data strategy, architecture and infrastructure are ideal
- Critical thinking skills
Please answer the questions listed below and email them back to me with your updated resume to email@example.com Referrals are welcome!
- Do you have 10 plus years of Information Systems experience? Explain
- Are you open to Relocation to CA?
Diversifying the workforce nationwide since 1985.