Salary: 170K to 250K Plus 30% Bonus & Relocation
We are currently looking for a Vice President of Engineering. In this position you will be responsible for identifying new and existing technologies that can be utilized to drive the design and development of new and innovative product lines. In this position, the Vice President of Engineering will lead a global team of engineering in new product development, project management and cost down initiatives while meeting our manufacturing, safety, quality, regulatory code compliance and marketing objectives. Must be capable of driving innovation and new product development, developing strong and cross functional global teams, estimating annual budgets and development costs and monitor assigned projects through all phases of development.
This position requires a bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering or related field. Ideal candidates should have 15+ years of experience of engineering in a manufacturing environment and experience with the design and manufacturing of consumer products.
- Manage a direct global team of engineering managers.
- Motivate staff and provide technical direction and guidance as well as hands-on project management for all product development.
- Formulate short and long-term objectives and standards of performance for the department.
- Understand market trends in order to ensure product strategy aligns with the needs of the customer.
- Execute product strategy through engineering expertise.
- Manage strategies to decrease new product development cycle time, increase the innovation pipeline, and deliver overall productivity gains.
- A thorough understanding to financial metrics and how to drive for results. Budget management, direct responsibility.
- Own and improve Product Development Process. Ensure implementation of formal processes to support the product development process that result in value creation in the form of increased speed to market, reduced costs, improved technologies and innovative products.
- Ensure the optimal application of technology and engineering resources to meet product development and/or customer requirements.
- Drive innovation for the storage group by creating and driving product strategy in this category of products.
- Ensure that the product is fully and correctly defined and documented.
- Project Management of global projects, direct/indirect responsibility.
- Interaction with operations to ensure that systemic production issues are resolved and fed back into new product designs.
- Lead local & global standardization of products and processes in support of global standardization goals.
- Product design, platforming & complexity management, direct/indirect responsibility.
- Regulatory code compliance (i.e. UL, CSA, CE), direct responsibility
- Adherence to product development process, direct responsibility
- Team leader, experience in managing a diverse and global engineering team, direct responsibility.
- 15+ years of engineering experience with 5-7 years’ leadership experience
- Demonstrated excellence in interpersonal, communication, and project management skills
- Ability to think outside the box and nurture innovation throughout the engineering organization
- Ability to motivate, encourage, support and lead a global team with direct and indirect reports
- Work successfully with operations, marketing & manufacturing to execute projects
- Ability to create a culture of accountability for all direct reports
- Ability to coordinate multiple, global projects
- Experience with a wide variety of manufacturing processes including injection molding, stamping, die casting, forging, bulk and continuous heat treat & systems integration
- Ability to work with manufacturing facilities located in the US, Europe, Latin America and Asia
- Proficiency with MS Office software, including MS Project and Excel
- Understanding of 3D computer aided modeling
- A minimum of a BS in Mechanical Engineering or Electrical Engineering, or related engineering fields
Please answer the questions listed below and email them back to me with your updated resume to email@example.com Referrals are welcome!
Do you have 15 plus years of engineering with 5 to 7 years of Leadership experience ? Explain
- Do you have Manufacturing Environment & Experience with the Design & Manufacturing of Consumer Products? Explain
- Are you open to Relocation?
Diversifying the workforce nationwide since 1985.