Salary: 160K ton 170K Plus Bonuses & Relocation
This position is key to creating understanding and support among the company’s key internal and external constituents. It is a necessity for a public company and exists to manage communication and build relationships with the organization’s internal and external constituencies, as well as serve as the daily “voice” of the company that is plain spoken and aligned with the company’s core values. Specifically, the position is responsible for developing strategy for and leading execution of financial communications, media relations, digital communications, marketing communications, employee engagement and community relations.
- Works collaboratively to develop communication strategies and messaging that support business objectives. Ensures proper execution of project plans, managing opportunities and risks.
- Builds understanding of and goodwill for the company:
o Builds reputation:
- Develops strategies for company to demonstrate thought leadership and gain recognition. Includes identifying platforms, message development and coaching.
o Ensures clear and compliant financial communications:
- Ensures accuracy of and clear messaging in financial reporting communications, including development of document.
- Serves as a key strategist on communication of material issues.
- Works in partnership with Finance organization to conduct investor relations.
o Social responsibility planning and communication:
- Leads the cross-functional social responsibility committee.
- Manages social responsibility reporting and other communication.
o Serves as spokesperson:
- Engages with external stakeholders by serving as primary spokesperson for the company in traditional and social media. Supports company leaders and subject matter experts as additional spokespersons.
- Leads the media relations, speaking on behalf of the company and building relationships with business, trade and community media as well as industry and community groups.
- Develops, maintains and leads media training activities.
- Operates real-time as our voice in social media, within the context of larger company objectives and messaging.
o Manages effective crisis communication systems:
- Establishes organizational programs, processes and mechanisms to manage material issues that may affect stakeholder relations
- Develops and maintains crisis communication channels to aid in stakeholder notification and response in the event of a crisis to protect their safety and interests, as well as those of the company.
- Oversees marketing communications:
o Engages strategy, sales, marketing and technology to develop communications that create a pull for our products.
o Equips the sales team to value sell.
o Manages our product brands, creating sub-brands as appropriate.
o Manages our logo gear program.
o Publishes a regular special bar quality steel blog.
- Oversees employee communications:
o Supports HR in improving employee engagement through substantive messaging and tools.
o Supports groups throughout the company in engaging employees in business priorities like safety, quality, efficiency, growth.
o Manages recognition and service programs.
o Supports participation in employee resource groups.
- Ensures proactive and effective community relations where the company operates:
o Oversees activities associated with the Charitable Fund
o Leverages community involvement to drive employee engagement
o Working closely with HR and Technology, conducts outreach to schools, universities and community organizations the best and most diverse talent to our recruiting efforts
o Leads the speakers bureau in which employees speak to community groups.
- Establishes and manages online channels of communications with constituents:
o Develops and manages social media strategies that engage stakeholders and create brand value.
o Manages company content, the outsourced technical resources that host it and the vendor partners who provide other elements of the online presence.
o Leads online marketing campaigns to improve understanding of the company, generate sales leads and drive traffic to the website.
o Effectively uses Intranet and systems to communicate with employees.
- An experienced professional with deep experience, particularly in counseling of other leaders, public company communication and crisis/media communications
- A master story teller who can translate our brand essence into relatable messaging. Superior writing, editing and oral communication skills, preferably honed in a B2B environment.
- A skilled spokesperson who can stay on message while also adapting to changing situations and develop and execute a plan in the most difficult crises.
- A good leader who has the vision to create long-term communications strategies that address core business goals and challenges and the leadership to ensure a team of professionals do the same and execute effectively.
- A team player who can work collaboratively with company leaders, facility managers, technical experts and professionals from other functions.
- Experienced in creating communications strategies and project plans and managing project financials, timelines and budgets.
BACHELOR of Communication, Journalism, English or related with 12 years of experience
OR MASTER of Communication, Journalism, English, Business or related with 10 years of experience
Previous Job Experiences
Bachelor’s Degree Corporate communications; public company communications including investor communications; crisis communications; writing
Master’s Degree Corporate communications; public company communications including investor communications; crisis communications; writing Min. 10
Please answer the questions listed below and email them back to me with your updated resume to firstname.lastname@example.org Referrals are welcome!
Do you have 12 years of Overseeing Communications & Community Relations Leadership Experience? Explain
- Do you have experience working for a Public Media Company, Developing Social Media? Explain
- Are you open to Relocation?
Diversifying the workforce nationwide since 1985.