Our client is a leading global supplier of advanced operator controls and integrated systems for the heavy vehicle, off-road vehicle, and motorcycle markets. We are a dynamic and growing company that partners with the industry's leading OEMs to provide differentiating next generation operator controls.
There products help to simplify operation, increase reliability, and improve productivity in a broad range of applications. Core products include vehicle electronic control systems, electronic joysticks, multi-function grips, and handlebar-mounted controls. We currently have an exciting opportunity for a self-motivated individual that enjoys an fast paced and challenging environment to join our engineering team as a Mechanical Design Engineer. Primary responsibilities will include:
- Design and validate operator controls and integrated systems for the heavy vehicle, off-road, and motorcycle markets.
- Own the product development process from concept through production release.
- Work closely with original equipment manufacturers to create product specifications, win new business, and develop relationships with customers' engineering teams.
- Develop predictive analysis models for static and dynamic electro-mechanical systems related to load capacity, wear, fatigue, and haptics.
- Direct the work of designers and technicians.
- Create and manage design-failure-mode-effects-analysis documents
- Draft product validation test plans and reports
- Create and manage detailed product development schedules
- Generate "design to cost" estimates for new products
- Conduct "design for manufacturability" activities with suppliers and manufacturing teams
- Review and approve PPAP documentation for newly tooled components
- BS in mechanical engineering
- 7 years of related engineering work experience
- Demonstrated experience in new product development from concept through production release
- Experience leading project teams
- Understanding of plastic injection molding and associated material properties
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Project, Excel, and PowerPoint
- CAD experience a plus
- Knowledge of the heavy vehicle, off-road, and motorcycle industries a plus
- Ability to travel up to 10% domestically and internationally
Please answer the questions listed below and email them back to me with your updated resume to firstname.lastname@example.org Referrals are welcome!
What is your current base salary?
2. Do you have 7 plus years of related engineeringExperience?
- Do you have New Product Development experience? Explain
- Are you open to relocation?
Diversifying the workforce nationwide since 1985.