Location: Greensboro, NC
Salary: 130K to 150K Plus 18% Bonus & Relocation
Plant manager is accountable to Safety, Quality, Delivery, and Cost of a $180M component assembly plant. Responsible for improving performance, productivity, efficiency and profitability through the implementation of effective Lean 6-Sigma methods and strategies. Manufacturing Plant manager should be able to lead and collaborate in a highly matrixed organization.
- Directly supervises the Manufacturing operations staff, including: Quality, Materials, Order Fulfillment, Plant Engineering, and Production Operations
- Indirectly supervises and provides strategic direction to all associates in the four walls, direct and indirect.
- Interfaces internally with corporate support groups, to include: HR, Finance, Development, and Supply Chain management.
- Interfaces externally with vendors, local business plant managers, and critical customer / executive visits.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Responsible for the assembly of products for the banking and retail industry, including upgrades and service spare parts delivery.
- Responsible for a plant comprised of 150+ associates reporting directly or indirectly to the plant manager.
- KPI management for all operational elements of Safety, Quality, Delivery, and Cost
- Exposure to various manufacturing assembly processes of electro-mechanical devices.
- Experience in design and optimization of DFT (Demand Flow Technology) assembly lines.
- Lean 6-sigma implementation and knowledge of VSM, pull process, 6S, poke-a-yoke, etc.
- Established problem solving skills and tool usage in DMAIC, 8D, and Shainin
- APQP / SPAP process for sheet metal and injection molded components.
- Customer complaints analysis & action, including executive level customer escalations.
- Drive Quality and Productivity improvement projects including Lean and Six sigma
- Thorough knowledge of Minitab, FMEA, DOE, SPC, ISO9001/14001/18001
- Ensure adherence to Standards - ISO 9001: 2008, OHSAS 18001:2007 & EMS 14001:2004Education
- Administer all corporate policies and procedures.
- Interfaces with stakeholders for determining overall major program requirements and needs.
- Interfaces with Engineering and Services Leadership to align program goals
- Provides technical direction as needed for major program deliverables
- Contributes to ongoing prioritization of projects, works with relevant engineering teams to assist in resource allocation needs
- Interact and is an active participant of a Global Operations team of Plant Managers.
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Individual must be a college graduate with a BS/BA with solid program management experience in a development environment
- 10+ years of progressive, multi-faceted industry experience.
- Minimum 5-7 years technology leadership experience involving complete solution rollouts.
- Demonstrated functional experience in Lean operations, quality assurance, and delivery performance.
- Position requires demonstrated experience of Process Improvement (six sigma) disciplines.
- Position requires a self-motivated individual with good communication and interpersonal skills and a strong product or project management background. .
- Individual must possess a strong professional image and be comfortable working with all management levels
- Submit and manage annual budget.
- Implement and manage an ongoing cost reduction program.
- Propose capital expenditures.
- Recommend strategic initiatives.
- Oversee employment and termination process.
- Ensure all associates are properly trained and receive timely performance evaluations.
- Ensure implementation and adherence to all safety procedures.
- Perform special projects and other duties as required for successful facility operations.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience with 10 – 15 years manufacturing experience preferred.
- Experience with assembly of electro/mechanical small mechanisms helpful.
- Must be computer literate, possess good written and verbal communication skills and financial/budgeting knowledge.
- Must be able to work in and manage in a matrix organization and team environment
Please answer the questions listed below and email them back to me with your updated resume to email@example.comReferrals are welcome!
What is your current base salary?
2. Do you have10 Plus years of Manufacturing experience? Explain
- Have you management over 150 + Associates? Explain
- Do you have a minimum of 5-7 years of technology experience with functioning ERP/MRP systems with a specific focus on Oracle v12 or later? Explain
Diversifying the workforce nationwide since 1985.